By Josh Jacobson
Xobni for Outlook just got Smartr. Our Smartr Cloud (formerly Xobni Cloud) was originally introduced as a simple way to keep all Xobni and Smartr contacts up-to-date across all of your devices and computers. At first, this simply included Xobni for Outlook and Xobni for BlackBerry. All of the smarts involved in finding and ranking phone numbers, email addresses, names, email history, and social connections could be handled by the software on the device (the “client” software). In fact, many times, the clients would “teach” Smartr Cloud the “right” answers. But there has been a shift. The cloud (formerly the “student”) is becoming the teacher.
As we introduced new client software & apps ( for Android, iPhone, Gmail), it made much more sense to let the cloud do more of the heavy lifting. This way a single improvement or update in the cloud would instantly improve the experience for all of our users, across all of our products.
Xobni for Outlook 2.0.3 has been completely re-engineered to take advantage of all of the smarts available in the cloud. As we further develop and innovate cloud functionality, Xobni for Outlook 2.0.3 will automatically improve.
And for those folks that have a Xobni Plus license, we’ve done the same re-engineering for Xobni 1.9.7, which you can download for no additional fee.
What’s new in both 2.0.3 and 1.9.7:
- Improved AutoSuggest results
- Improved People Search results
- More accurate phone numbers
- More accurate social profiles for each contact (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc)
- Improved automatic contact merging (adding two email addresses to one contact)
- More accurate contact names
- More frequent connection to Xobni Cloud (after 25 minutes of idle time, rather than 60)
For all users:
- Improved message body gadget compatibility and performance in Outlook
- Other performance and stability improvements
These updates are recommended for all Xobni for Outlook users. Previous versions of Xobni for Outlook will not connect to Smartr Cloud as of
March 15th April 9th, 2012 later this year.